News – Cricket: Keeper Alex Carey believes the fact so many of the tourists are in T20 mode has them nicely set for T20I series opener on Sunday evening.
- Virat Kohli has pinpointed Marcus Stoinis as Australia’s most potent weapon during their current tour of India, while Aaron Finch has also showered the game-breaking all-rounder with praise.
- Stoinis’ stocks have soared in recent years to a point where he is now Australia’s top-rated allrounder in all three formats.
- Kohli, who will captain Stoinis in this year’s Indian Premier League, was thoroughly impressed with the all-rounder’s recent white-ball performances in Australia.
- “If I had to single out one player that can make more impact, that would be Marcus Stoinis,” India skipper Kohli said on the eve of the tour-opening Twenty20.
- Stoinis scored 533 runs at 53.3 while opening for Melbourne Stars in the recent BBL, the best batting average of any player in the competition.