Financial Express – India – The build-up to IPL 2019 has been a little low-key.
- Kohli has already made it clear that IPL performances will have “no influence” on the World Cup team selection.
- The Indian cricket hierarchy is more concerned about managing the workload of the World Cup probables during the IPL and the cricket board might even issue a directive to the franchises in this regard.
- Of course, the IPL will account for a lot of column inches, media-wise, once it starts, but even T20 diehards will probably watch this edition of the T20 league through the World Cup prism.
- On the eve of the first T20 international against Australia at Vizag, Kohli, in fact, had advised his teammates not to get into the “bad habits” that the IPL can create.
- As former South Africa captain Graeme Smith had said a few months back, “Kohli’s love for Test cricket will keep the format relevant”.