The Chicago Tribune – Members of the Bangladesh cricket team arrived by bus at Masjid Al Noor mosque for Friday prayers when they heard gunshots.
- Members of the Bangladesh cricket team arrived by bus at Masjid Al Noor mosque for Friday prayers when they heard gunshots.
- When the bus carrying some players and coaching staff arrived at the mosque, they heard but did not see the shootings, Mohammad Isam, a journalist traveling with the Bangladesh team, told The Associated Press.
- The players were kept on the bus by police, then later allowed to leave and to walk to nearby Hagley Oval, where they were to begin the third cricket test against New Zealand on Saturday, but the match has since been cancelled.
- Player Mushfiqur Rahim posted “Alhamdulillah Allah save us today while shooting in Christchurch in the mosque …
- “On behalf of New Zealand Cricket heartfelt condolences to those affected,” chief executive David White said.