The Guardian – 4.32am EDT
Preamble: this is huge
Morning everyone and welcome to the World Cup match with the most superlatives around its neck.
- 4.32am EDT04:32Preamble: this is hugeMorning everyone and welcome to the World Cup match with the most superlatives around its neck.
- It’s the noisiest, niggliest, most intense, most watched game there can be, unless India and Pakistan meet again in the final, as they did two years ago, also on English turf.
- The last match I covered, England v West Indies 48 hours ago, was under-hyped.
- Pakistan have started characteristically, listless one day (against West Indies), lethal the next (against England).
- But in the World Cup, where they have met six times, it’s 6-0 to India.