Fox Sports Australia – Pakistan’s defeat of New Zealand on Wednesday piled the pressure on the host nation, who are now fourth and just one point ahead of both Bangladesh and the 1992 champions.
- Get your 14 day free trial >MORE FROM THE WORLD CUPPRESSURE ON POMS, WINDIES’ DREAM SHOT: Every WC team’s path to semisOLD SCHOOL APPROACH: How Australia up-ended cricket’s new world orderBangladesh’s other game is against India.
- England have now lost their last two games, shocked by Sri Lanka last week and beaten convincingly by Australia on Tuesday.
- But after dominating one-day cricket with their aggressive approach with the bat for the last four years, Ponting asked if it was the best game plan to take into a high-pressure tournament.
- “Tournament play is a lot different to a regular bilateral series where England have come out and scored some huge scores in the past few years.
- But star England batsman Joe Root insisted their loss to Australia wasn’t a case of the tournament favourites cracking under pressure at home.