Daijiworld – Manchester, Jun 28 (IANS): After missing out on yet another opportunity to score big in the ongoing World Cup, Indian opener KL Rahul has admitted that he was disappointed for being unable to convert his starts into big scores.
- In the absence of Shikhar Dhawan, Rahul has opened the innings in the last three World Cup matches for India and has managed scores of 57, 30 and 48.
- Although, his scores are pretty decent but considering India’s batting performance in the last two matches against Afghanistan and West Indies where it was the Indian bowlers who won the games for the teams while defending totals of 225 and 269.
- Opening the batting is a little more comfortable and easier for me as I have done that for most of my career,” Rahul said after the West Indies game which India won by 125 runs at the Old Trafford on Thursday.
- Rahul also lauded skipper Virat Kohli, who scored 72 off 82 balls and played a pivotal role in India posting a competitive total of 268/7.
- Big game against England, hopefully, we will be able to come up on the right side of the result,” Rahul added.