News – Cricket: England all rounder Moeen Ali has copped the drop after struggling with both bat and ball in the opening Ashes test at Edgbaston.
- Cricket: England all rounder Moeen Ali has copped the drop after struggling with both bat and ball in the opening Ashes test at Edgbaston.
- According to CricViz, Smith’s scoring rate against left-arm orthodox bowlers is also lower than his scoring rate against any other bowling in Tests at just under 2.8 runs per over.
- South Africa’s part-time left-arm finger spinner Dean Elgar has dismissed Smith twice in 41 balls in Tests while the 30-year-old has also had troubles against specialists Ravindra Jadeja, Rangana Herath and Keshav Maharaj.
- With England’s domestic T20 competition in full swing, James notes Leach — a red-ball specialist — has bowled only three overs in first-class cricket in the past month, leaving him in danger of being “undercooked” for the Lord’s Test.
- “Steve (Smith) has been the star of the show so far but now we have Jofra joining his Royals (and England) teammates Ben Stokes and Jos Buttler,” Warne, a former Rajasthan player turned brand ambassador for the T20 franchise team, said after Archer was named in England’s 12-man squad.