- Highlights1Kohli, Ashwin, Pandya and Harbhajan came out in support of Abhinav Mukund.2Mukund tweeted a strong statement against racist trolls.3Mukund and Kohli had made their Test debut together back in June 2011Virat Kohli, R Ashwin, Hardik Pandya and Harbhajan Singh came out in support of India teammate Abhinav Mukund, who tweeted a strong statement against racist trolls.Mukund and Kohli had made their Test debut together back in June 2011.
- After being sidelined for a few years, Mukund, a prolific scorer in the domestic circuit, was recalled into the Indian team.However, the solid opener has been subjected to tasteless remarks on social media over his skin tone and he decided to take the bull by the horn in a stern message on Twitter.Mukund, who had played the first Test of the ongoing three-match series against Sri Lanka, expressed his disapproval at online abuses hurled at him over the colour of his skin.
- Ever since I was young, people’s obsession with my skin colour has always been a mystery to me,” his statement, posted Wednesday night, read.
- https://t.co/AnN9EMofj2- Ashwin Ravichandran (@ashwinravi99) August 10, 2017″I have played and trained day in and day out in the sun and not even once have I regretted the fact that I have tanned or lost a couple of shades.
- “Kohli and Harbhajan retweeted Mukund’s statement while Ashwin said there was a lesson to be learnt for everyone.Muk on point ðŸ‘ŒðŸ�»ðŸ™�ðŸ�»ðŸ‘�ðŸ�» I love ðŸ‘¶ðŸ�¾ https://t.co/s6e4Xb5H7t- hardik pandya (@hardikpandya7) August 10, 2017