- By: Express Web Desk | Updated: August 16, 2017 6:14 Ravi Shastri feels that only India’s fittest players will get a chance to showcase their performance in the 2019 World Cup.
- Ahead of the first ODI, India’s coach Ravi Shastri spoke to the Times of India where he revealed his thoughts regarding India’s preparation for 2019 World Cup, India’s excellence in Test cricket and the performance in the Sri Lankan Test series.
- Stating that only India’s fittest players will get a chance to showcase their performance in the 2019 World Cup, Shastri said, “When the time comes for India to field a side for the 2019 50-over World Cup, we should have the best fielding XI in the world walking out.
- Shastri said that his long term goal is to focus on 2019 World Cup but also feels that India should continue to excel in Test matches as well, “The World Cup has its own space that needs to be respected.
- Shastri also feels that preparation for the World Cup and continuing the good form in Tests, both require a different level of preparation.