Indian Express – By: Express Web Desk |
Published:August 21, 2017 7:34 Chris Gayle recently featured in the one-off T20I against India.
- (Source: File)After missing ODI cricket for a long time due to an impasses with the board, Chris Gayle and Marlon Samuels are set to play in the fifty-over format for their country as they were picked in the Jason Holder-led squad for the ODI series in England.
- “With regards to the selection of the ODI squad, the panel welcomes back Chris Gayle and Marlon Samuels, who will both add value to our batting and help with the nurturing of the young batsmen in the team,” chairman of selectors Courtney Browne was quoted by Cricinfo.
- In the notable omissions, Kieran Powell, Jonathan Carter and Roston Chase are missing from the squad which featured in the ODIs against India in June and July.
- West Indies will play the only ODI against Ireland and five ODIs against England after the conclusion of the second Test which gets underway at Headingley on August 25.
- West Indies ODI squad: Sunil Ambris, Devendra Bishoo, Miguel Cummins, Chris Gayle, Jason Holder (capt), Kyle Hope, Shai Hope, Alzarri Joseph, Evin Lewis, Jason Mohammed, Ashley Nurse, Rovman Powell, Marlon Samuels, Jerome Taylor, Kesrick Williams For all the latest Sports News, download Indian Express App