Southern Daily Echo – Southern Vipers captain Charlotte Edwards is backing her side to defend their Kia Super League title tonight – whoever they end up playing.
- The 37-year-old former England skipper will lead Vipers against the winner of the semi-final between Western Storm and Surrey Stars at Hove at 6pm.
- Vipers, whose squad includes Romsey’s Katie George and Havant’s Charlie Dean, finished top and qualified automatically for the final after overtaking Surrey on the last day of group action when they beat Yorkshire Diamonds whilst the Stars were suffering a shock defeat to Loughborough Lightning.
- And while Edwards admits she was surprised that Stars slipped up, she is delighted that it means Vipers have just one game to focus on.
- “At the start of the tournament not many of the girls got time in the middle because Suzie, in particular, was doing so well.
- And if they are looking for a good omen, last year they lost to Storm in the group stages before beating them in the finals.