The Age – Kolkata: Australia have gone 2-0 down in their one-day international series against India after collapsing in Kolkata.
- After falling 50 runs short in the second of five ODIs, Australia now need to win Sunday’s match in Indore to keep the series alive.
- Skipper Steve Smith looked like he could guide Australia home in his 100th ODI, but after a measured half-century he was caught on 59.
- Two overs after Smith’s dismissal, Yadav wove his magic to dismiss Matthew Wade, Ashton Agar and Pat Cummins with consecutive deliveries.
- Yadav and Yuzvendra Chahal (2-34) again exposed Australia’s deficiency against wrist spin, combining for five wickets as they did in game one in Chennai.
- Australia felt the full force of the stifling Kolkata heat while bowling with Wade, Ashton Agar and Kane Richardson all receiving treatment for heat stress or cramps.