Rediff – June 25, 1983, the day that changed everything in Indian cricket.
- That was the day, captain Kapil Dev lifted the Prudential Cup, marking India’s dawn into a new era as World champions.
- This historic moment will now be captured in celluloid, with Bollywood star Ranveer Singh set to essay the role of Kapil.
- Now, while the lead actor is chosen, reports in the media suggest that the producers — Phantom Films — are yet to round actors to play the roles of the other members — Sunil Gavaskar, Dilip Vengsarkar, Roger Binny, Sunil Valson, Yashpal Sharma, Kirti Azad, Kapil Dev, Mohinder Amarnath, Balwinder Singh Sandhu, Sandeep Patil, (sitting) Madan Lal, Krishnamachari Srikkanth, Syed Kirmani, and Ravi Shastri — of that World Cup-winning squad.
- IMAGE: Ranveer Singh is set to play the role cricket legend Kapil Dev in a movie set on the 1983 World Cup win.
- With Ranveer set to play Kapil, tell us, dear readers, who should essay the characters of the other members of that history-making Indian squad?