Roar – During Mumbai’s 500 Ranji match celebrations on November 8, legendary cricketers shared little-known incidents of their careers, so let’s go through these cricketers’ reminiscences.
- The club member always used to say “I am privileged, I got bowled by legend Hedley Verity”Ajit Wadekar He had the honour of leading Mumbai to four Ranji wins in a row.
- The entire season before his famous innings, as an 18-year-old teen, he was on the bench of a very strong Mumbai team.
- When asked about his best Ranji ton, Sachin said it was the 200 he got against Tamil Nadu in the 1999-2000 season when he and last man Santosh Saxena got Mumbai the lead.
- Sanjay mentioned Vinod Kambli, and, just like Vengsarkar spoke about his flamboyant clothes, said he remembered Kambli’s earrings and that it was only Mumbai cricket which accepted and welcomed him.
- A special moment was the recognition of the 16-year-old Jemimah Rodrigues of Bandra, Mumbai, who, just a few days ago, smashed an unbeaten 202 in 163 balls against Saurashtra in under-19 cricket.