Otago Daily Times – It’s business as usual with the naming of New Zealand’s first test cricket squad to face the West Indies at the Basin Reserve at the start of December.
- It’s business as usual with the naming of New Zealand’s first test cricket squad to face the West Indies at the Basin Reserve at the start of December.
- Both teams were named this morning and while the test 12 – with one player to be added – is a status quo selection, the New Zealand A group includes an exciting trio of fast bowlers with a chance to press their case for a test future.
- There are three changes from the last New Zealand test team – back in late March against South Africa in Hamilton – with Boult, Southee and senior batsman Ross Taylor, who all missed that match with various injuries, returning.
- New Zealand teamsNew Zealand team for the first West Indies test, starting at the Basin Reserve on December 1:Kane Williamson (c), Tom Latham, Jeet Raval, Ross Taylor, Henry Nicholls, Mitchell Santner, BJ Watling, Colin de Grandhomme, Tim Southee, Matt Henry, Neil Wagner, Trent Boult, one to be added.
- New Zealand A team to play West Indies at Lincoln from November 25:Martin Guptill (c, Auckland), Raval (Auckland), George Worker (Central Districts), Neil Broom (Northern Districts), Colin Munro (Auckland), Tom Bruce (CD), Todd Astle (Canterbury), Tom Blundell (Wellington), Scott Kuggeleijn (ND), Adam Milne (CD), Lockie Ferguson (Auckland).