SBS – Young opener Matt Renshaw’s alarming form slump has continued for Queensland in the Shield.
- (AAP)Western Australia coach Justin Langer was surprised to learn he was targeted by Brett Geeves in an online column written by the former ODI paceman.
- Test great Justin Langer has denied throwing Matt Renshaw “under the bus”, saying he was merely highlighting the increasing pressure that is building on the out-of-form opener.
- Recently, Langer noted that the the pressure was building on Renshaw, and pointed out that WA batsman Shaun Marsh was in sparkling form and deserved another crack in the Test arena.
- But former ODI paceman Brett Geeves questioned why Langer would point out Renshaw’s struggles instead of helping the youngster.
- Langer felt his comments about Renshaw had been unfairly interpreted by Geeves.