Indian Express – Written by Devendra Pandey
| Mumbai |
Published:November 15, 2017 12:48 Prithvi Shaw will be leading Team A in the U-19 Challenger Trophy.
- (Source: File)The U19 Challenger Trophy, which traditionally is played between three Indian teams, will have a fourth entrant this year as the Indian cricket board has invited Sri Lankan teenagers to spice up the tournament.
- The main aim for the move is to give more exposure and competition to the three Indian teams ahead of the U19 world cup early next year.
- The BCCI wants to give more meaning to these contest at the same time playing a foreign team will help prepare India Under-19 team which is scheduled to play U19 World Cup next year in New Zealand,” sources in the BCCI told The Indian Express.
- The Sri Lankan Cricket Board has accepted the request and will be sending their U19 team to play in Mumbai where each team will play three league games with the two top teams qualifying for the finals.
- U19 Asia Cup: India crash outDefending champions India were knocked out of the U-19 Asia Cup after suffering a shocking eight-wicket defeat at the hands of Bangladesh.