News – Cricket: Cameron Bankcroft has made it almost impossible for selectors not to pick him
CAMERON Bancroft’s recent keeping has impressed selectors but his prowess — and pain threshold — under the lid is more revered in cricketing circles.
- Coupled with the fact Bancroft has been opening and keeping for Western Australia, it means he could conceivably fill one of three spots in the Test side that will be named on Wednesday.
- NUMBERS LIE: Why selectors should stick with RenshawRUN MACHINE: Bancroft impossible to leave out of AshesBancroft made his international debut in a Twenty20 behind the stumps but Peter Nevill is expected to be recalled as Test gloveman for the Ashes opener.
- Steve O’Keefe, who toured India alongside Bancroft while representing Australia A in 2015, was stunned by the youngster’s approach.
- O’Keefe also praised Bancroft’s temperament, as did Australia’s batting coach Graeme Hick.
- “I got to know him (when Bancroft was part of Cricket Australia’s winter program in Brisbane).