News – Cricket: Tasmania’s George Bailey goes for a cheeky high 5 with the square leg umpire after taking a catch against NSW.
- George Bailey goes for a cheeky high 5 with the umpire 0:42BILLY Stanlake has battled stress fractures in his back, pelvis and feet but a pesky big toe has proved to be his most frustrating challenge.
- The towering Queenslander put himself in the record books last summer when he became the tallest ever player in Australia’s national cricket history.
- “I got the toe infection after the first round of club cricket (this season),” Stanlake said.
- Stanlake remains a player of national interest and in April secured the last spot on Cricket Australia’s list of 20 contracted players, highlighting the promise seen in him by national selectors.
- If Stanlake does crack the national team for the five-match ODI series against England, he could feature at the Gabba on January 19.