The Guardian – Mitchell Starc has warned England to expect an even tougher time against Australia’s bowlers in the remainder of this winter’s Ashes.
- Mitchell Starc has warned England to expect an even tougher time against Australia’s bowlers in the remainder of this winter’s Ashes.
- Starc has taken 14 wickets in Australia’s back-to-back victories in the first two Tests, and believes he and his colleagues are ready to step up another gear as the series moves on to Perth.
- Another win, at a venue where Australia have lost just once to England and not since 1978, will be enough for the hosts to regain the Ashes with an unassailable 3-0 lead.
- Starc is licking his lips already at the prospect of putting the tourists under maximum pressure on a pitch long renowned as one of the world’s quickest – with an attack he insists has huge scope to make life even more awkward for England.
- Starc says Australia are a tight-knit team on and off the pitch.