The Daily Star – Bangladesh – Mashrafe announced his retirement from international T20 cricket during the Tigers’ tour of Sri Lanka.
- Mashrafe announced his retirement from international T20 cricket during the Tigers’ tour of Sri Lanka.
- However, Mashrafe, who is not part of the Tigers’ T20 setup led his side Rangpur Riders to a maiden BPL title yesterday.
- The clamors got stronger with each BPL performance and perhaps came to head when Mashrafe struck a 17-ball 42 against Chittagong Vikings on November 25, coming down at one-down as Rangpur chased down the target of 177 runs set by Chittagong.
- These performances helped drive the notion that Mashrafe should reconsider his T20 retirement.
- Asked whether he wanted to return to the T20 fold, the Bangladesh ODI captain said: “I am not thinking of a comeback [from T20 retirement] first of all, and secondly it is futile to hold a grudge.