Stuff – Massaging tired bowlers and washing grass-stained uniforms is all in a day’s work for former Silver Ferns shooting great Irene van Dyk.
- With the teams staying at New Zealand Cricket’s on-site accommodation and meals taken care of, van Dyk’s first away trip with the Blaze had been largely stress-free.
- She provided massages for some of the Blaze players after their T20 match on Wednesday and has been kept busy washing and drying playing kits with games over three consecutive days.
- Van Dyk has been fully involved, participating in warm-downs with the Blaze players following Wednesday’s eight-run T20 win over Auckland.
- Husband, Christie, was searching for a female manager in his first season coaching the team and after struggling to find someone, van Dyk put her hand up.
- One of the most rewarding parts of van Dyk’s position had been seeing the Blaze work on elements of their game at training and then implement it with success in a match.