The Press – TRIBUTES have been paid to a cricketer and church warden.
- Mr Johnson was a self-employed painter and decorator by trade.
- He was a church warden at St Andrew’s Church, in Rillington, chairman of Heslerton Cricket Club and a member of Lions International, the Association of Cricket Officials, the Cricket Society, Yorkshire County Cricket Club and Scarborough Cricket Club.
- Mr Johnson was also a member of the Institute of Advanced Motoring and Bridlington Sailing Coble Preservation Society.
- Brian Maud, a member of Malton and Norton Lions Club, said Mr Johnson always gave 100 per cent.
- Mr Johnson’s funeral service was held on December 20 at St Andrew’s Church, Rillington, followed by cremation at the East Riding Crematorium, Octon.