Daily Mail UK – India have cruised to a 100-run win over Australia in their opening group b pool match at the under-19 cricket World Cup in New Zealand.
- India have cruised to a 100-run win over Australia in their opening group b pool match at the under-19 cricket World Cup in New Zealand.
- Anchored by a 180-run opening partnership between skipper Prithvi Shaw and Manjot Kalra, India set Australia a daunting run chase when they reached 7-328 at Blake Oval in Mt Maunganui.
- Apart from Shubman Gill’s 63, the remainder of India’s battling line-up failed to fire and the last five wickets fell for 79 runs in 40 balls, with four of those going to medium pacer Jack Edwards (4-65)Australia were then bundled out for 228 in 42.
- Baxter Holt (39) and Jonathon Merlo (38) top scored and pacemen Kamlesh Nagarkoti (3-29) and Shivam Mavi (3-45) proved most effective for India.
- Australia’s next match in group b is against Zimbabwe in Lincoln on Wednesday, before a clash with Papua New Guinea on Friday.