ABC News Australia – Tabatha Saville has gone from being the only woman in her cricket side to being a star in a national women’s competition.
- Saville wasn’t required to bat as the Scorchers won the Saturday game with only one ball to spare.
- Saville has had a breakout season in the 2017-18 Women’s Big Bash League.
- She hit a four off the last ball of a game against the Melbourne Stars to lead the Strikers to victory.
- The Women’s Big Bash League has given Saville an opportunity to play cricket at a professional level.
- Despite growing up in remote Australia, Saville said there were definite advantages to playing junior cricket in Alice Springs.