Deccan Herald – In an authoritative show, Indian colts trounced Australia by a massive 100-run margin in their ICC Under 19 World Cup opener.
- Skipper Prithvi Shaw led from the front with a 94-run knock and shared a 180-run stand with fellow opener Manjot Kalra (86) to power India to a challenging 328 for seven.
- India pacers Kamlesh Nagrakoti (3/29) and Shivam Mavi (3/45) then shared six wickets between them to knock out Australia for 228 in 42.5 overs.
- Australia opener Jack Edwards top-scored for his side with a 73-run knock after a steady start with Max Bryant (29) but struggled to find support from others.
- As Indian batsmen looked for some quick runs, Australian medium fast bowler Jack Edwards ended up taking four wickets.
- Brief scores: India: 328/7 in 50 overs (Prithvi Shaw 94, Kalra 86, Shubham Gill 63; Jack Edwards 4-65) bt Australia: 228 all out in 42.5 overs (Jack Edwards 73, Jonathan Melro 38, Baxter Holt 39; Shivam Mavi 3-45, Kamlesh Nagarkoti 3-29).