SBS – Afghanistan will play their inaugural Test match in June in Bengaluru against neighbours India.
- Afghanistan will play their inaugural Test match in June in Bengaluru against neighbours India.
- Afghanistan and Ireland joined the ranks of full member nations of the International Cricket Council last June, taking the total number of Test-playing countries to 12.
- The Indian board (BCCI) has consistently backed Afghanistan, who played a home match against Ireland last year at a stadium in Greater Noida, on the outskirts of New Delhi.
- Cricket has a long history in Afghanistan but the country only gained full one-day international (ODI) status in 2011.
- “The support BCCI has provided to ACB in the last several years has been tremendous – whether it’s backing Afghanistan in ICC while our application for full membership was under consideration, making the facilities available for us, technical assistance.