Roar – As long as Glenn Maxwell is never provided a clear reason for his omission from national duty, this nation should rejoice.
- As long as Glenn Maxwell is never provided a clear reason for his omission from national duty, this nation should rejoice.
- After our selection panel has aimlessly bounced from youth to experience to nepotism over the years, all we’ve craved in our selection policy is stability.
- Sure, it’s one of unwarranted persecution, but if he doesn’t like it he should react like a good cricketer always does and just move to New South Wales.
- It’s this stable approach to selection that will take the panel to their ultimate long-term goal; seeing Maxwell psychologically tortured in to signing an exclusive lifetime deal with the Barbados Tridents, thus neatly wrapping up his legacy as a player who selectors were desperate to pick when he wasn’t ready, before being ignored when he was.
- If you still feel for Maxwell, blame this nation’s insatiable desire for consistency.