The Yorkshire Post – GARY BALLANCE has insisted that England were right not to pick him during the Ashes as he feels that none of his team-mates deserved to be dropped.
- Yorkshire captain Gary BallanceAlthough Stoneman and Vince looked good at times, with both men recording two half-centuries, they struggled throughout for the necessary consistency.
- England’s faith in the likes of Stoneman and Vince was not simply confined to events in Australia.
- What is ahead – at least in terms of Ballance’s international ambitions – is an almost identical challenge to the one that he faced this time last year, with the left-hander needing to impress in county cricket before harbouring realistic hopes of an England return.
- Having been left out of the New Zealand tour, which includes Tests at Auckland (March 22-26) and Christchurch (March 29-April 2), England presumably need more convincing if they are to go back to Ballance in the near future.
- Why Yorkshire’s pre-season tour is the priority for captain BallanceGARY BALLANCE has said that it was a no-brainer to turn down the chance to take part in the North-South one-day series to instead lead Yorkshire on their pre-season tour.