NZCityt – Chris Lynn is eyeing more time in the middle but admits a return to long-form cricket is still a year away as he battles his ongoing injury woees.
- Chris Lynn is eyeing more time in the middle but admits a return to long-form cricket is still a year away as he battles his ongoing injury woees.
- Lynn made 44 in his return to Australian colours on Saturday night in the rain-affected seven-wicket Twenty20 win over New Zealand, in what was just his sixth match in any level or format in seven months.
- But while he insists he hasn’t given up on playing Test cricket or returning to Queensland in the Sheffield Shield, he admitted it still wouldn’t be until next summer when he played red-ball cricket again.
- Lynn still looked every bit his damaging self on Saturday night.
- Already setting his sights on playing a key role in Australia’s home World T20 tournament in two years’ time, he whacked six fours and one maximum in his 38-ball knock that put the Aussies in control of their chase of 95 with the bat.