Daily Star – The all-rounder was bailed and given permission to resume his international career after denying the allegation.The case was adjourned for a crown court trial later this year.The maximum sentence for affray is three years in prison.
- A 27-year-old man allegedly suffered a fractured eye socket in the incident near Mbargo nightclub.Hours earlier, Stokes had played for England in a one-day international against the West Indies.
- PA CHARGED: Ben Stokes arrives at court where he pleaded not guilty to affray “Any decision to include him in upcoming matches will be made by head coach Trevor Bayliss and the England management team” Spokesman He yesterday pleaded not guilty to affray at Bristol Magistrates’ Court.
- Following his court appearance the England and Wales Cricket Board said Stokes “will now travel to New Zealand”.
- PA PLEAS: Ryan Hale (left) and Ryan Ali both pleaded not guilty A spokesman said: “Any decision to include him in upcoming matches will be made by head coach Trevor Bayliss and the England management team.
- All three defendants have been granted unconditional bail pending their trial.