Radio New Zealand – The New Zealand seamer Neil Wagner will re-join English county cricket champions Essex in May.
- The New Zealand seamer Neil Wagner will re-join English county cricket champions Essex in May.
- He began last season with the Chelmsford side and returned for their final three County Championship games as they lifted the title.
- Essex have already signed 33-year-old Australia paceman Peter Siddle for the start of the 2018 campaign, with Wagner set to replace him.
- South Africa-born left-armer Wagner has played 34 tests for the Black Caps and the option to extend his deal will be subject to the approval of New Zealand.
- “Once I knew there was an opportunity to come back to Essex, I was very keen to get back to Chelmsford and build on the hard work and success of last season,” said Wagner.