News – AUSSIE young gun Will Pucovski risks cutting short his highly promising career unless he learns how to better handle short bowling — but says he’ll put his full faith in Victoria’s medical team.
- Bushrangers general manager Shaun Graf said Pucovski needs to be careful about managing his future health after watching the rising batsman cop yet another blow to the head while batting in the Sheffield Shield on Sunday.
- Abbott and others rushed to assist Pucovski, who was able to walk from the field with the help of medical staff and was later substituted out of the match under new rules for concussion injuries.
- Pucovski returned to Junction Oval on Monday to watch from the sidelines after pulling up well from his seventh concussion in the past five years.
- Pucovski missed three months of cricket after being struck in the head in his first-class debut last summer.
- But Graf said bad luck hadn’t been the only factor, suggesting Pucovski needed to improve his technique against the short ball.