News – Cricket: Mitch Marsh hit back with a little spice, while Kagiso Rabada sent him off during the second innings.
- FORMER Test all-rounder Tom Veivers fears the lack of a behavioural crackdown could sabotage Australian cricket in the same way that Bernard Tomic tarnished Australian tennis.
- Veivers, who played 21 Tests in the 1960s, remains a close watcher of the game and fears that the unpalatable sledging seen in the current series in South Africa is corroding the fabric of the game.
- “We have kids walking up in junior cricket and thinking the smart thing to do is to abuse other kids.
- “I have been talking to (former Australian captain) Brian Booth and blokes like Davo (former Test all-rounder Alan Davidson) and we are critical of people up the ladder at Cricket Australia.
- Sutherland released a statement after last week’s Cricket Australia board meeting condemning the players for their poor behaviour in South Africa and urging them to respect their opponents.