Deccan Chronicle – Mumbai: You just can’t help but see the similarities and get excited.
- Bandra, youngest off-spring of an academician, child prodigy and a Mumbai cricketer, with a lot of promise and a part of discussions in cricketing circles even before playing for India, and up against one of the top Indian bowlers of all time.
- The 17-year-old and Coldplay-loving cricketer, who is also an able hockey player, once representing Mumbai Under-17’s hockey team, is one of the youngest cricketers to feature in the BCCI players contracts for Indian women’s team.
- The young and rising star spoke on various topics, from her meeting with Sachin Tendulkar, her ambition to represent India in two sports, her learnings from the South Africa tour and playing alongside Mithali Raj and Harmanpreet Kaur, the pressure of expectations and more.
- Q) You were the youngest Indian woman to score a First Class double hundred, made the Under-19 debut at 12 and a half, at 12, you were in Mumbai’s senior team.
- He said that he enjoyed batting in South Africa because if the ball is going to skid, it is going to come nicely on my bat and how much I have seen your game, you are more of a timer and so I think, you are going to enjoy batting there is South Africa.