WA Today – Former Test opener Chris Rogers has been appointed as a high performance coach by Cricket Australia.
- Former Test opener Chris Rogers has been appointed as a high performance coach by Cricket Australia.
- A prolific run-scorer at first-class level in Australia and England before starring on the Test scene late in his career, Rogers is regarded as one of the finest batting technicians in the country.
- He most recently worked with Australia’s under 19 team at this year’s World Cup and has also been an assistant coach for the CA XI teams which faced England.
- Rogers also has vast experience in England’s county system as a long-time player then batting coach and player mentor for Somerset last year.
- “From a coaching perspective, Chris has already been involved in roles with Cricket Australia’s pathways program – including as assistant coach at the recent Under 19 Cricket World Cup – and in the English County system.