Stuff – Black Caps paceman Matt Henry has signed a contract with Kent for the first half of their English county cricket season in 2018.
- Black Caps paceman Matt Henry has signed a contract with Kent for the first half of their English county cricket season in 2018.
- The 26-year-old Kiwi will be available for Kent’s first seven red-ball fixtures in the County Championship and be their overseas player in England’s domestic 50-over competition, the One Day Cup.
- Henry is part of New Zealand’s 12-man test squad for the coming series against England, which starts with the pink ball test at Eden Park on March 22, and Kent’s campaign begins on April 13 against Gloucestershire.
- He already has experience of playing in England after spells with Worcestershire and Derbyshire in the last two years.
- * Astle bats away Sodhi * A weird day of cricket * Niggle in NZ XI v England * Astle has the mental edgeThe right-armer from Christchurch played no part in New Zealand’s recent ODI series defeat to England.