Mid-day – Mohammad Shami’s life is in turbulence with allegations of domestic violence and adultery levelled by his wife, but on the cricketing front, the India pacer is set to be in the scheme of things again.
- mid-day learns that Shami will get a green signal to play for Delhi Daredevils in the forthcoming Indian Premier League (IPL) despite his central contract being put on hold.
- “We have principally agreed to allow Shami to play in the IPL.
- Stokes issue citedIt is learnt that former India skipper Sourav Ganguly was quite vocal in his support for Shami in the IPL meeting yesterday.
- MCA president Abhay Apte had written to the IPL GC to consider Pune as a venue for the IPL playoffs since Pune Supergiant, who were the IPL finalists in the last edition, are not part of the IPL anymore as they were a replacement for only two years.
- As far as the legal opinion on Chennai Super Kings’ transfer was concerned, the IPL GC accepted BCCI ombudsman Justice AP Shah’sreport to allow the transfer take place.