Business Standard – The Vivo Indian Premier League (IPL) is off to a strong start in its 11th year, on a new network.
- The inaugural match of the 11th season, played between the Mumbai Indians (MI) and the Chennai Super Kings (CSK) registered viewership on television of 6.
- Sanjay Gupta, managing director, Star India says, “I think this is the biggest year for the IPL (in terms of viewership) and it comes in the 11th year of the tournament.
- This is IPL’s first year of partnership with Star India and I am delighted to see with the innovations that we have introduced, viewership has set new records and the tournament is set to reach a wider audience globally than ever before.
- The viewership data has been provided to the broadcaster by Broadcast Audience Research Council of India (BARC) through its newly launched service PreView.
- Using technology, the TV ratings agency is trying to provide viewership data as quickly as possible.