News-Mail (Bundaberg, Australia) – The late, great cricket commentator Richie Benaud and model Lara Bingle in the Ashes cricket advertisement campaign.
- The late, great cricket commentator Richie Benaud and model Lara Bingle in the Ashes cricket advertisement campaign.
- CRICKET Australia is reportedly set to give Channel Nine the flick in favour of a bumper Foxtel offer said to be worth at least $1 billion over the next six years.
- Nine has held the rights for the past 40 years and its five-year deal worth $500 million with Cricket Australia is now up, with reports it is losing more than $30 million a year on international cricket.
- Due to anti-siphoning laws Foxtel cannot hold sole rights because major international cricket must be shown on free-to-air television.
- Nine recently won the rights to broadcast tennis in Australia for $60 million a year, a clear sign its interest in cricket was fading, The Courier-Mail said.