Deccan Chronicle – Bengaluru: Royal Challengers Bengaluru are hoping to get their campaign back on track after an opening game defeat, as they lock horns with Kings XI Punjab in the Indian Premier League (IPL) here on Friday.
- RCB will be expecting some fireworks from Brendon McCullum and AB de Villiers, who blasted a 27-ball 43 and a 23-ball 44, respectively, in the first game.
- In the bowling department, Umesh Yadav and Woakes would like to continue their form as they shared five wickets between them.
- Much was expected from the spin duo of Yuzvendra Chahal and Washington Sundar but they did not weave any magic, claiming just one wicket for 77 runs in 56 balls.
- Punjab are coming into the match with their tails up, having started the season on a resounding note, beating Delhi Daredevils by six wickets.
- Local player KL Rahul, who scripted victory with the fastest-ever fifty in IPL, will be seeking to repeat his show, and he is playing at home.