News – SOMERSET have signed Australia opener Matt Renshaw as a replacement for his international teammate Cameron Bancroft.
- SOMERSET have signed Australia opener Matt Renshaw as a replacement for his international teammate Cameron Bancroft.
- The county announced at the end of last month that Bancroft would not be joining as an overseas player following his role in the ball-tampering scandal during Australia’s Test series in South Africa.
- Renshaw replaced Bancroft for the final Test at Johannesburg and he has now agreed a deal to start the County Championship campaign with Somerset.
- SIGN UP NOW >The 22-year-old is in contention to face Worcestershire in Somerset’s opener next week and will remain with the county until June 30 before returning on August 19 to see out the season at Taunton.
- “I’m delighted to have the opportunity to play alongside some very experienced players and the exciting young talent that is coming through at Taunton,” said Yorkshire-born Renshaw.