Sky Sports – Sanju Samson smashed 10 sixes in an unbeaten knock of 92 off 45 balls as Rajasthan Royals beat Royal Challengers Banglore by 19 runs in the Indian Premier League.
- D’Arcy Short (11) was caught behind off Yuzvendra Chahal (2-22) soon after but Samson, with assistance from Stokes and Buttler, ensured the run rate continued to rise.
- While Stokes and Buttler were dismissed just as they were getting into their stride, there was no stopping Samson.
- Krishnappa Gowtham had Brendon McCullum (4) superbly caught by Stokes in the first over of the RCB chase but as Kohli and Quinton de Kock accelerated through the powerplay, the fans at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium began to believe that the record chase might be on.
- However, De Kock (26 off 19) was undone by the part-time spin of Short and when Kohli and AB de Villiers (20 off 18) holed out in consecutive Gopal overs, RCB were reeling.
- Stokes (1-32) bowled Washington Sundar (35 off 19) to claim his first wicket of IPL 11 and although Mandeep Singh (47no off 25) did his bit to improve RCB’s net run rate, Rajasthan held on for the win.