WAtoday (Australia) – It was near the end of a long and draining run of mostly successful matches for Australia, including an Ashes series triumph, but this one was running away from them.
- Darkest days happen along in Australian cricket every 15-20 years.
- The punishments now for Steve Smith, David Warner and Cam Bancroft appear harsh, even draconian.
- The World Series absconders came back, the so-called South African rebels, too; all but one played first-class cricket again.
- Many Australians _ including me _ feel betrayed now by these game players.
- Two days after the underarm, Greg Chappell made a half-century in Sydney, and got a standing ovation.