Hindustan Times – The technical committee of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) unanimously agreed to have a team from Bihar in the Ranji Trophy tournament.
- The technical committee of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) unanimously agreed to have a team from Bihar in the Ranji Trophy tournament.
- Issuing a statement about the details of their meeting held on Monday, a BCCI office-bearer said:“The Technical Committee was unanimous in its meeting today that a team from Bihar shall play the Ranji Trophy and other such tournaments in accordance with the order of the Hon’ble Supreme Court.
- The Committee in fact has also recommended an option of including the North-Eastern states in the Ranji Trophy keeping in view a course to be followed for development of cricket in the region.
- Among other key decisions, it was proposed that the Deodhar Trophy have four teams, one each from the four Ranji Trophy groups.
- There were discussions about women’s cricket also and the committee was of the opinion that for popularising the game and tapping new talents, BCCI should concentrate on having limited overs matches.