Age, The (Melbourne, Australia) – “The player review is around the conduct of our players,” Mr Peever said.
- “The player review is around the conduct of our players,” Mr Peever said.
- The board accepted responsibility for the scandal emerging but had not suggested Mr Peever stand down, he said.
- Mr Sutherland’s position was not currently under review but the entire Cricket Australia administration would likely “come under the microscope” during the review, Mr Peever said.
- As for the broader review into Australian cricket, there was yet to be a decision made around who would head it up or a timeframe set, except that it would “take whatever time is necessary”.
- The door was still open for Smith to again captain his country, but Mr Peever said it would be a “long road back”.