Age, The (Melbourne, Australia) – Since Tests will be simulcast on Seven, the deal seems to comply with Australia’s anti-siphoning regime.
- The deal seems to signify that the era of moguls weilding influence over sport in Canberra is all but over.
- Nine moved last month to snatch tennis rights from Seven and will broadcast that sport on all platforms.
- It’s head of sport, Tom Malone, is sticking to the line that the company acted in the best interests of the business.
- “As I said a couple of weeks ago, we must secure sports rights at the right price and terms.”
- The rights deal tells us at least one other thing.