Hindustan Times – Gary Kirsten would consider a return to the international stage but only as a limited-overs coach.
- Gary Kirsten would consider a return to the international stage but only as a limited-overs coach.
- Highly-respected former South Africa and India coach Kirsten would be open to opportunities, provided he would only be in charge of the white-ball teams.
- I think the idea of coaching an international team across all formats is becoming more unlikely for young coaches, because it’s just not sustainable, especially with a young family.”
- READ | As teams search for momentum, it’s all about trial and error early in IPL 2018Asked about the possibility of coaching England or Australia, Kirsten added: “Absolutely, I would certainly be considering it, that is for sure.
- “I know JL well and he’s a great coach, he has all the right credentials and they also have Ricky Ponting who has done a fantastic job with their T20 team,” Kirsten said.