BBC UK – Glamorgan have appointed wicketkeeper-batsman Chris Cooke as their new vice-captain for the 2018 season.
- Glamorgan have appointed wicketkeeper-batsman Chris Cooke as their new vice-captain for the 2018 season.
- The 31-year-old, who is in his eighth season with the club, was named Glamorgan’s Championship Player of the Year in 2017.
- Cooke, born in Johannesburg, took over as wicketkeeper from Mark Wallace and is likely to be a regular in all three forms of the game.
- Cooke averaged 43 in the Championship in 2017, while his leading performances for the county include hitting 171 against Kent in 2014 and an unbeaten 137 in the One-Day Cup against Somerset in 2012.
- “It’s his experience, his communication’s very good and being the wicketkeeper he sees everything in the game,” captain Michael Hogan told BBC Sport Wales.