Cricket World – Known to be one of the most upright and unbiased voices in cricket, Australian great Ian Chappell has made a big comment relating to the fall-out of the much-discussed ball tampering controversy.
- The 74-year-old has expressed doubts over the readiness of Cricket Australia to have Warner back on board after his 1-year exile.
- “I’m not sure if Cricket Australia (CA) wants Warner back.
- Smith will be back but I don’t think he will captain Australia again,” the former Aussie Captain says.
- At a time when many are considering the quantum of punishment too harsh for the Aussie trio, Chappell believes that CA was spot on with the sanctions.
- CA has done particularly Smith and Warner a huge favour, because you imagine if Smith and Warner were playing next summer in Australia against India, they’re going to get booed at probably all of the Australian grounds.